Buying the good- quality hardwood floor is one of the most important decisions regarding the home upgrade or new house construction. It will be a long-term investment, so it will not be a quick selection of colour or texture. For decades, timber has been one of the most popular choices of flooring for maximum homeowners.
Preference for timber
You will be surprised to see that timber is still the most preferred flooring option. Although there have been immense developments in the flooring material manufacturing industry and options like composite building materials and concrete, you will opt for the timber floors only once you get to know about the secret advantages of installing the floor. However, it is essential to know whether your home is suitable for timber floor installation. Considering a few factors for Finding The Best Timber Flooring For Your Home will facilitate the expensive purchase of timber flooring in Sydney.
1. Traffic and lifestyle
When you are ready to shop for flooring materials, you need to think first about the daily wear and tear that the floor must endure daily. The modern flooring industry will offer a wide range of hardwood flooring items that ideally suits the lifestyle of the business or household, depending on whether you are installing at the commercial or residential building.
– If you have some pets or little kids or both at home, you have to consider the floor surface that can ensure distress and hand scraping. The timber flooring with proper finishing can easily conceal the small scratches and dents.
– You should also look for a sturdy option if you have heavy traffic in the commercial space. Timber is always the ideal choice when you are looking for a durable material that can withstand the test of time.
2. Solid vs. engineered wood
The standard solid timber hardwood floor usually has ¾ inches thickness, and the width options are numerous. The solid hardwood will be exactly justifying the term solid as it will be solid timber throughout. But when you buy the engineered timber flooring in Sydney, it can be 3/8 inches to ¾ inches in thickness with many widths options.
– Manufacturers create the engineered flooring by putting a layer of solid wood on the top of numerous layers of soft lumber plywood. Ask about the benefits? Well, the most important of all in the list is stability.
– Engineered products can help to attain the trend of the wide plank hardwood easily. If you live in an area where there is moisture accumulation, it will be the best choice of flooring.
– The product shows a high level of resistance to humidity. Therefore, you will need less effort to maintain the floor.
3. Prefinished vs. site finished
Old is the source for new. Wondering how that can be related to timber flooring? You will understand as you continue reading.
– On-site, finishing is all about installing the hardwood on-site, and the installers will execute sanding to finish the customized look. Modern technology allows matching the levels of durability and quality, and the floor sanding technicians are flawless at their job.
– However, prefinished ones are not actually for installing individual boards or continuous layers at your house. But you can avail of the same if you don’t want much ado at home. Recycling the old timber boards is a regular practice, which is helping to renew the old products with the strength and vibrance of new material.
If you are confused about deciding which one will be better, always remember that the on-site installation will be more time-consuming at your home and can be a dusty affair. Otherwise, it gives you a wider opportunity to customize the timber flooring in Sydney.
4. Style of home
How is the interior décor at your home? What colors are there on the walls? Are you having the curtains of pastel or nude colors? All these questions are relevant when you are about to shop for the perfect flooring. You have to look closely at the cabinetry, furniture, and trim work, too, to decide the flooring that will complement the interior décor the best.
– The best thing about the timber flooring is its fantastic aesthetic appeal that complements every possible home décor. Regardless of whether you have the classic traditional décor or the ultra-modern designs and wall paints, the timber flooring will always uplift the entire appearance.
– Always keep in mind that the latest cool fashion trends can be out-of-date tomorrow. But the timber hardwood floor is ageless. It was cool many years back, it is cool now, and it will be a fashion trend in the future too. Adding this ageless flooring is the best part of the story.
– Wear layer and the neutrality to stains are among the biggest reasons why the timber floor will look equally good many years later. All you need is occasional waxing to maintain the shine of the elegant wood.
5. Budget factor
As you know already, budgeting is an important aspect of buying the floor. You have to keep in mind a few things before buying the engineered timber flooring in Sydney.
– The per square inch cost is not everything. You have to consider the installation charge, which is often high in most cases, especially while laying the wooden floors. Know the installation rates to prepare the options within your budget.
– The area where you want to install the timber flooring matters the most. In case you don’t want to replace the subsoil, the rates will differ.
– It would help if you considered the immediate impact of perimeter baseboards and thresholds during the flooring change.
Now that you know about the things that will help you proceed with a more knowledgeable purchase, you can also consult a flooring expert who can guide you in the purchase process. The Timber wood floor selection will help you stay carefree for the rest of your life. A few repairs and regular cleaning are enough to keep the floor in good condition forever.